Respondus LockDown Browser
The LockDown Browser disables all functions of the student’s computer other than the test being taken so students cannot copy/paste, search the internet, or access any documents on their computer while using LockDown Browser.
If students are using their own computer rather than in a proctored computer lab, they could still have another device available to allow them to access internet content or notes. All UF Computer Labs have LockDown Browser installed.
To use LockDown Browser in your e-Learning course:
- Create and publish your test(s)
- In the course Navigation Menu, click Settings
- Click the Navigation tab at the top of the page
- Locate “LockDown Browser” in the bottom section of the page.
- Drag and drop it to the top of the page.
- Click Save
- Click LockDown Browser in the Navigation Menu
- Click the icon beside the title of the test that will use LockDown Browser
- Click Modify Settings
- Select “Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam”
- Select “Require LockDown Browser to view feedback and results” (optional)
- Click Save and Close
If students do not have LockDown browser installed on their computers, they will be prompted to download and install when they access the test. We recommend giving students a “practice quiz” that will allow them to install the browser and trouble-shoot any problems prior to taking a for-credit test.
Who's it for?
TA / Grad Asst, Faculty, Staff