On May 7, 2019 we said goodbye Lynda and hello, Linkedin Learning!
WHAT IS LINKEDIN LEARNING?
With Linkedin Learning, you get all of the courses from Lynda.com, plus more than 5,000 others to choose from. Spend your time on the bus, at home or between classes learning and growing with online courses in everything from Conflict Resolution Foundations and creating a business plan, hiring and growing your business. All of the technology training from Lynda.com, plus thousands of more offerings are at your fingertips 24/7, anywhere you have an internet connection! The most-watched Lynda courses at UF last year was Mobile Marketing, followed by Excel Essentials and Programming Foundations…
So…What do you need to learn?
HOW TO LOG IN AFTER LYNDA LINKEDIN LEARNING UPGRADE:
Sign out of your Linkedin.com account
Clear cache/ cookies in your preferred web browser
Click "Sign in with your organizational account" (i.e., XXXXX@ufl.edu).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I access LinkedIn Learning?
Head’s up! Be sure that you are logged out of your personal LinkedIn account on your first visit to set up your free Linkedin Learning access.
2. Click on the sign-in button located in the upper right corner of the Linkedin Learning page.
3. Click on “Sign in with your organizational account.”
4. Type in your UFL.EDU email address.
5. After your Gatorlink credentials are authenticated, and you are recognized as a member of the University of Florida community, you will not be charged for the Linkedin Learning service
6. Once your initial sign-in with your Gatorlink credentials to set up your account, you can choose to use either your LinkedIn username and password or your Gatorlink password to sign in every time after that!
7. Issue signing in? Call (352-392-HELP/4357), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or visit (132 Hub) the UF Computing Help Desk.
- What new features are available with LinkedIn Learning?
In addition to the courses that were previously available on Lynda.com, 8,000 new courses are included in the LinkedIn Learning catalog. Linkedin Learning takes your previously watched videos into account: You’ll get curated suggestions based on your learning profile, videos watched, and geographic location. Linkedin Learning users now have the option to add the badges that were earned after completing a course to personal LinkedIn accounts.
- Will my certifications and video viewing history from Lynda.com be available?
Yes! Once your Gatorlink credentials are authenticated in LinkedIn Learning, your Lynda learning history will be available. This contains the videos that you previously watched on Lynda.com, any certificates that you earned, and the courses that you completed. You can also set up watch lists and elect to have badges earned in Lynda and in Linkedin Learning appear on your Linkedin profile.
- Do I have to pay for LinkedIn Learning?
No! The LinkedIn Learning contract is paid for by UF Information Technology (UFIT) and is completely free for all UF students, faculty, and staff with valid a Gatorlink account.
- Does LinkedIn Learning give me access to LinkedIn Premium?
No! LinkedIn Learning is a free online training service that UFIT underwrites for the benefit of anyone with an active Gatorlink account. LinkedIn Premium is not included in the Linkedin Learning university-wide contract and requires a monthly payment.
- Will LinkedIn Learning email me?
Yes. During the upgrade, LinkedIn Learning will send an email to your gatorlink address encouraging you to activate your new account. This option is simply a convenience for you. You are not required to activate your account through email. Your account will be activated automatically when you follow the log in instructions on this page.